Wednesday 10 June 2015

What If? Metropolis #2: Influence Map - Hans Hoffman + Initial thoughts + Fantastic Voyage UPDATE


This is an influence map showing some of Hans Hofmann's work. As you can see it is very abstract and so creates some interesting shapes. With regards to designing the city, my initial thoughts are that it should be very colourful and quite obscure. In some of these pictures, I can see layouts of a city, replacing blocks with buildings of the same colour and using  colours for the sky/sea/background etc. In comparison to both Bridget Riley's work and the city I designed,  I imagine this one to be more vivid and more "crazy" - if that's the right word. I think my biggest challenge will be managing to convert the rather basic shapes and colours of his work into a city.

Fantastic Voyage UPDATE:
I have been working in flash for a couple of weeks or so now, and have been doing so while having a wealth of internet problems. I intended to have it finished by the end of this week, but it will probably be next week.

1 comment:

  1. 1950s Information films (USA)
    'Light Orchestra'
    Pathe News...
    'Swing' music (USA)
    '1950s cartoons'

    Breezy, upbeat, retro...

    ReplyDelete