Wednesday 22 July 2015

Personal work: Jared Leto's Joker from Suicide Squad


Now that I have finished off the re-submission of the What If? Metropolis project and have completed the Fantastic Voyage animation, I'm going to keep myself busy by continuing to practice my drawing skills both on paper or digitally.

I have started a few, but the first one that I have finished is a pen drawing of Jared Leto's interpretation of the Joker from "Suicide Squad" (2016). In life drawing last year, I developed a line art style using pen and wanted to improve on that. The Joker doesn't have much colour but I tried to make the greens/purples/reds stand out. It took a fair amount of time to complete this, but I am really rather pleased with it as it is recognisable and there are no glaring mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment