Tuesday 3 November 2015

Character Session: 03/11/2015

In today's character session with Justin we were learning about expressions in both the face and the body. Our first task was to draw a Superman pose that Charlie was doing. By trying to remember how I created the maya poses, I wanted to make sure I demonstrated the correct details of the body's position. I did the first one wrong, so I did another one, but in doing so didn't manage to finish the next pose in time. Our next task was to get into a pose, dependent on the scenario we picked, and then the other members of the group, in our case a group of 4, would draw you in your pose. As we were in an even group, we did two people at a time (Myself and Ridge - Julien and Emma), This was a very fun exercise. I tried to get the main idea of the pose in my stick men drawings and got mixed results, some work well, but some went completely wrong - whether it being due to the balance of the figure or just incorrect placements of arms, legs etc. 

Our final task was to pick a character of our choice and then create expressions for that character. I was a little confused as to whether we had to do the whole body or just the face or both. As you can see from the images below, I chose Wile E. Coyote and did a series of facial expressions for him, as well as copying a pose that I found on google. I think these all look very similar and there isn't much difference in expressions. It was difficult trying to figure out how he would look if his mouth was open, and so that is why his mouth is closed in all the expressions. When Justin came round and spoke to me, he asked me to pick an emotion and so I chose anger. He then did some quick sketches using images from google to show me how I could create an angry expression. 

Wile E. Coyote Facial Expressions

Justin's Angry expression sketches.

Stickmen poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment