Thursday 6 October 2016

Minor Project: Clip Ideas

After listening to the sound clips more, as well as looking for some myself, I have got 5 quotes where I have come up with a good idea/ideas. 3 of these were part of the selection that Alan gave me, and the other 2 are ones that I thought about/found myself.

From Alan's Selection:
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1939)

"He said he was going to do it, and he's doing it now.
The most stupendous, the most incredible crime of the Century."

Scenario:
A man is talking into the character, with the camera slowly zooming in on his face, while he is saying the quote. 
Once he has said it, it cuts to someone doing the something very minor and not at all illegal, like walking on the grass, where there is a keep off the grass sign.
Airplane! (1980)

"I just want to tell you both:
Good luck, we're all counting on you."

 Scenario:
The camera focuses on the door, while you can hear two people having sex. 
Then a small child walks through the door and says the quote, with absolutely no reaction to what they see. Then the child leaves.

   Shutter Island (2010)

"I had a friend. I was with him yesterday, but we got seperated.
Have you seen him?"
"Marshal, you have no friends."

Scenario:
A young child is talking to his teacher, who tells him the unfortunate truth.
Hearing the Teacher tell him, makes him burst into tears. The teacher then looks at the camera with an "Are you kidding me?" expression on her face.


The Clips I found:
Duck Soup (1933)

"I can see you right now in the Kitchen, bending over a hot stove,
but I can't see the stove."

 Scenario:
A man and a woman are on a date in a restaurant, and the woman asks him about the possibility of living together and how good it would be.
The man responds with the quote.
The woman has an immediate shocked look on her face. She slaps in him in the face and chucks his wine over him. She gets up and leaves.
The camera zooms on the man, as he turns his head to the camera showing a sad expression on his face.
   Seven (1995)

"What's in the box!?"
"Not until you give me the gun."
"What's in the f***ing box!?"
"Give me the gun."

Scenario:
It's Christmas, and a girl receives a present. This sparks a reaction from her brother, while he hold his BB gun and aims it at her. 
The Dad, who gave the girl the present, wants him to give him the gun. 

2 comments:

  1. The Airplane-inspired scenario is a bit creepy, but hilarious nonetheless.

    It might be a good idea to look for more open alternatives though. The Duck Soup line for instance is too tied to one sort of context, but the ones Alan gave you could be added to all kinds of situations. The Holmes one could have referred to a guy aiming to down ten drinks in one night then go tightrope walking, for instance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark. Thanks for your feedback. Yes, the scenarios being a bit too close to the original clip is something I have thought about also, and definitely agree that some will need rethinking or replaced with another clip.

      Delete