Friday 13 February 2015

From Script to Screen: Autodesk Sketchbook - Simon Frost


Following on from the body shapes, I chose the three that would work best with Simon Frost's design - The Potato, Butternut Squash and the Eggplant. It may not be clear what vegetables they are based on, which is both a good and bad thing. It's good because the characters are still meant to be humans and not human vegetables, but it may not be clear who it is when they are turned into one. I think the eggplant design works well, but if it didn't say what's based on underneath, it may not be clear what vegetable it is supposed to be. I think the butternut squash wouldn't be a suitable choice, actually, as it makes the hips too big and would be more suitable for a woman. The potato design does work well, I think, but once again it isn't clear that it is based on a potato.

1 comment:

  1. liking these, Dan. I like 'squash' man - he looks weak and meek here.

    ReplyDelete