Sunday 15 February 2015

From Script to Screen: Character Design - Simon Frost Colour tests


After looking at the three Simon designs that I did in Autodesk Sketcbook, I decided that the Butternut squash worked best with the character. It has an interesting look and is very obscure, especially for a man. I re-did the design, slightly, making him look more masculine, which is what I did. I also made the boots a bit bigger to add to the style. I then copied the design, as I wanted to experiment with the darkness of the colours used - brightest left, darkest right.

I think each has it's own good effect and bad effect. The darkest matches the story in it's horror inspired elements, but the brightest matches the style and has a nice cartoon feel. For the final design, I'll look to mix the shades, which will hopefully highlight Simon's strange personality.

1 comment:

  1. No 3 seems like a good mix between sinister and colourful to me.

    ReplyDelete