Thursday 12 February 2015

From Script to Screen: Character Design Thumbnails - Face shapes


As the vegetables allowed me to create unique body shapes, I wanted to continue with this technique, but this time experimenting with faces. I don't think this has been as useful, though, as they don't suit the intended style and they all look too childish, which isn't appropriate for the plot. Like the body shapes, the circular vegetables have created similar outcomes. Although, I think the broccoli and mushroom do work quite well. I didn't want to add much difference to the faces for this, and so I just drew simple expressions, e.g smiling. 

I will now aim to take the body shapes, and the faces, into Autodesk sketchbook, and create the main characters in Simon Frost and Anna Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment